Hi Nyall,

Looking at this from another angle (and being aware I know nothing of the QGIS code-base) - to me at least that would suggest that maybe it's worth improving the crash dumps so that they're better able to be used as a stand-alone debugging thing that doesn't require user feedback/insight.

Or alternatively make it clear during the crash dump process that the user needs to supply other information beyond just the file.

Cheers,

Jonathan

On 2018-08-14 01:23, Nyall Dawson wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 at 18:11, Paolo Cavallini <cavall...@faunalia.it> wrote:
I agree, better be conservative. Furthermore, not always lack of feedback means
an issue is not valid. I'd be against automatically closing the issues without
further verification.
I agree in general, but there's a lot of tickets recently with just a
crash dump (with no clues in the dump) and no further info about how
to reproduce the crash or what triggered it. These reports don't have
*any* value on their own.

Nyall

I'm available to help checking, maybe creating a view of tickets needing a
check could be useful.

All the best.