On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 at 15:13, Matthias Kuhn <matth...@opengis.ch> wrote:

> Feature freeze is coming end of next week with a freeze window of 6 weeks. In
> the past, we have regularly granted freeze exemptions to some features upon
> request.
>
> I think it would be good to know, what we can expect this time to decide on
> what is granted and then send them over to Loomio for review.
>
> Myself, I would like to include Geometry Validation
> (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/131). I estimate
> will require about 1 to maximum 2 more week to get it into a mergeable state,
> which will still leave us with 4-5 weeks of bugfixing time for this code. One
> part of it is, it will revisit some of the geometry checker code which is
> corrected for threading and other issues, so that can already be seen as
> "bugfixing of existing code" that will land as part of it.

I would also like to pre-emptively apply for a freeze exemption for
the work detailed in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/114 and
currently the target of the crowd funding campaign at
https://north-road.com/edit-features-in-place-using-qgis-spatial-operations-campaign/

The fund raising is proceeding nicely and I believe this work will be
successfully funded, and I'd love to get it in for 3.4. I'd estimate
1-2 weeks post freeze for merge.

Nyall