Le 04/06/2010 20:27, nikos ves a écrit :
On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 14:47 +0200, MORREALE Jean Roc wrote:
It would be great if the plugin could parse the file, group the
feature points sequentially by the input field and only then draw
the polygon as it would allows a surveyer to stop collecting a
long feature to collect a small nearby feature and then resume on
the previous one.

It's not my plugin, so I wont judge if it needs to be fixed or not.

But for as I see, its not a valid bug. What happens if there are two
diff polygons of the same attribute? for example, if the user wants
A:1/2/3, B:3/4/5, A:6/7/8 instead of A:1/2/3/6/7/8 ( points (1 2 3)
and (6 7 8) are far away from each other)

I'm not claiming it to be a bug

about the use case you're evocating it's actually my situation, each feature as a number to identify it but what if there is to be several versions ? To avoid this we add an other code to bring this precision then we concatenate the first field with the second to create the the final input field.

The other fields are kept and used to join the geometries to their records in the database. This doesn't add much work on the surveyer (with a gis you don't have to record the myriad of codes necessary for label's display like most do for autocad)or back at the office, in the same way we collect the geom type to ease the sorting the data to prepare it for points2one

An option to be more strict with the topology, so we all be happy,
would be nice, no doubt.

But for now, what you need is merging two shapes into one, and i
almost certain that there's a tool for that

Merging a few features in qgis is fine but merging a lot them can get quickly tedious, it also needs a human which can merge more that excepted after a day at an archaeological's excavation :p