Micha,

I'm also using ECW and share your concern but on the other hand who knows
when ERDAS is going to take a decision or even if they are going to
take a decision
at all?

I think that if we make a simple external program able to batch
process a bunch of ECW files
to convert them to another format, we would be both having a temporary
solution and puting pressure
on ERDAS as they will see people quiting the format.

We cannot make OSS to depend so much upon decisions taken on
proprietary formats. I understand
we need a compromise,

Agus