I have 2 high resolution raster DEM's before and after a recent flood event. The aim would be to get for different areas a) erosion/negative volumes b) accumulation/positive volumes and net volume.

First of all, i subtracted the actual surface from the 'before'-surface to get a difference surface with positive (accumulation) and negative (erosion) values. Then i created a shape layer with polygons of different areas of interest. For each of them i need seperate volumetrics. Ideally, the polygons should contain in the end attribute values for accumulation, erosion and net volumes. Now i was looking without success for a well adapted method to solve my problem in QGIS or SAGA.

How should i proceed? Is there any method in QGIS to sum up positive and negative raster values under polygons and put them in seperate attribute fields per polygon? Do i have to convert the raster in a point layer? I saw, that in esri's 3d analyst exist a tin polygon volume function, that covers this task. Does anything similar exist with an os gis?

Many thanks for your help.

Bernie