Sweet, Thanks Noli
Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: Noli Sicad [mailto:nsi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:59 PM
To: Jake Maier
Cc: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] qgis vs grass

To calculate area - (shapeflie file) in QGIS,

Have a look on the Vector (menu)->Geometry Tools -> Export / Add geometry
columns.

You will get a new shapefile with area and perimetre columns

Simple hack for acres;

Open dbf file of that shapefiles in LibreOffice / OpenOffice add a new
columns for arces and just just conversion from units to acres.

I think you can add column as well in the attributes table and add the
formula for conversion tor default unit to acres.

Re: aerial photos, you can use georeference plugin (C++ plugin - standard
/default installed by QGIS to georeference those photos. It easy and simple
to do georeferencing in QGIS compare to MapInfo and ArcMap.

Noli