Hi Agus:

I've used Ubuntu since 7.04 distro and I understand you. I hate Unity desktop, but as it's possible to get the Gnome desktop I am still working with 11.10, ready to jump to 12.04. I supose I´ll fight for my gnome desktop, but it's possible to get.

I met Linux Mint last year, and it's same as Ubuntu; even repositories are same for both... so the difference is just the desktop. Keep you with Ubuntu. A Google search for "ubuntu 12.04 gnome desktop" is useful.

Regards from Cajamarca-Perú

Carlos Cerdán