I am a new user.  I have been lurking on this list for about three months.  Now
I am unsubscribing.  SE is better for my needs; discussion here is mostly over
my head.  I am grateful that qgis-user exists, and I can re-join when I need to.

The discussion on this thread ("Closure of forum") helped me know how to
proceed.  I learned about the forum as it was closing, because of this
discussion, and so I'm neutral about its closure.  I'm just happy to have SE.

I agree that there is no easy, clear way for a new user to orientate to the
software or to the online resources.  But is has been possible, and that is
enough for me.

Thanks and ciao,
- Gray

T. Gray Shaw