Hello,

If i load a "LATIN1" postgis table with qgis1.8, it is loaded without any
problem. If i load the same table under qgis2.0.1 32bits character are not
recognized, worst, the data source encoding drop down list is empty. I had to
save the project, edit it with notepad++ and set the character encoding by hand.

It seems that we try to add more and more fonctionnality in qgis without ensure
that actual ones are really functional and constant. I use Qgis since many
years and i think qgis2 is really less stable than 1.8.