Hi Jouko,

No - currently not.

Recently there has been discussion how one could implement this feature
- but no concrete steps taken yet. The PDF generation is done by the qt
library and it does not support layered PDFs. One idea would be to
render separate PDFs first and then combine them to a single PDF as a
post-processing step, perhaps with a different tool or library than with qt.

ogr2ogr can output layered PDFs if you are comfortable with the
command-line. But not directly from QGIS.

If you are able to sponsor this functionality I am sure there would be a
developer who would like to implement this.

Andreas