I have gdal built with FileGDB support and I was unable to open the
geodatabase; QGIS gave an invalid datasource error. Arcpy reports that
it is indeed a version 10/10.1 database though. Using

ogrinfo -al FWA_LINEAR_BOUNDARIES_SP.gdb

reports that it was successfully opened:
INFO: Open of `FWA_LINEAR_BOUNDARIES_SP.gdb'
      using driver `FileGDB' successful.

However, it should have also printed detailed information about the
feature classes in the geodatabase, which it didn't. Not sure what is
going on in the gdb. I was able to open it with ArcMap (checked the
version with arcpy).