I think the aim is exactly that, to FIND the radius for each biogas plant which is able to provide the plant with enough resources.

I once had a quite similar problem, to create new polygons which had to reach a certain sum value of credits per unit, but overlaying other polygons with different credit values.

My semi-optimal solution was to "rasterize" the polygons to a vector grid.
I then selected the grid cells and used a statistics plugin to sum up the credits until I reached the desired amount, and then saved the selection as a new feature. The Live Statistics plugin could be used for that.

It really depends on how many plant points you already have. If they are many, this will be a tedious and boring job and you better might find someone to code a little python script.

If I had the abilities, I would code something like this:

Rasterize your polygons to a vector grid with your gas potential value (so if grid size is hectares, then simply your value)
Iterate over your point layer:
x = plant gas consuption
select cell underneath point 1
y = cell gas potential

set cell value to 0 (your "vacuum")
select next cells circularily around the first and add cells values to y
until y >= x
copy selected cells, dissolve them and save as a new feature in a new layer

next point

Once wanted to code sth like this in R, but I'm sure there are many people with PYQGIS-abilities who could do sth like this easily.
Could maybe even better work with real raster ... no idea.

Cheers
Bernd