Below is a summary of what I found to be working and not when installing
QGIS in Xubuntu trusty.

WORKING
1. Removing all the qgis.org repositories from sources.list and just
leaving the ubuntugis-unstable PPA. -> Installs QGIS 2.14.3 (from unstable
PPA)

2. Using the ubuntugis-nightly-release repo (
http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-nightly-release) and the ubuntugis-unstable PPA
in sources.list -> Installs QGIS 2.16 nightly build

3. Using the ubuntugis-nightly repo (http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-release) and
the ubuntugis-unstable PPA  in sources.list -> Installs dev version (QGIS
2.17)

NOT WORKING
1. Having both the ubuntugis repo (http://qgis.org/ubuntugis) and the
ubuntugis-unstable PPA in sources.list -> Results in the unmet dependency
error.

I currently have 2.16 (nightly build) working on my machine but I'm hoping
that the more stable build in http://qgis.org/ubuntugis becomes working
again soon. As I've read, the next regular rebuild is on the 29th.
Hopefully it works by then.

Regards,
Ben Hur

--