Hi Bernd

Thanks for your comments

As a previous commenter wrote, Spatialite also uses a similar format to Geopackage being also based on SQLite.

So far in my testing of Spatialite I have found it to have neither issue. Spatialite converted from Geopackage creates another field called ogc_fid and ignores the fid field from the Geopackage. A test paste resulted in the ogc_fid values being automatically updated to new ones when the table is posted.

I dropped several columns in a table with 38,000 records and saw no data loss with Spatialite, either.

I still have to test with 2.18 and the newest master to see how they work with geopackage files before filing a bug report.

I guess a question is whether the server based implementation of Geopackage has these issues.