Hello,

Yes I would say the problem is in the flatpak version of Qgis, since I experienced inability to access files over a NFS share.

You would need to find the people who produce the flatpak edition and raise this issue with them.

Are you able to use a native packaged version of Qgis? Running it in a virtual machine with a compatible edition of Linux with native Linux packages is definitely an option if you can't install any of those packages directly in the distribution you are using.