Hi Maria.The symbology does not reclassify the underlying raster, it just
changes the way it is displayed.  Use the raster calculator to generate a new
raster with the Classes you require. The native qgis calculator works well. You
can find it in the upper word menu under raster.  Once  you have your raster
reclassified, you can then convert it to a vector format Kirk SchmidtSent from
my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: "Shinoto, PD Dr. Maria via Qgis-user"
<qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org> Date: 2022-03-29  6:32 p.m.  (GMT-04:00) To: qgis
forum <qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org> Subject: [Qgis-user] creating vector layer
from slope map with few classes Hi, I have created a slope map from a DTM. I
have limited the symbology to three meaningful classes and wish to create a
vector layer with polygons of three classes from that. The conditions are
One-Channel-Pseudocolor, Channel1 (Gray), interpolation discrete, modus
"fortlaufend" -- not identical interval or quantile, 3 classes with values
<=20, 20 - 40, > 40. The classes show up in the layer design panel symbology
tab, but the layer browser still (thankfully!) shows the greyscale ramp. I wish
to create a vector layer with polygons from the 3 classes. All solutions I have
looked up work under slightly different condition. After all I do not know how
to get the data of the DTM into three classes like "Flat-Gentle-Steep"; I think
the vectorization should work easily then. Can anybody hint me to a
solution?Thanks and best wishes,