Hi Tim and Raymond,

Perhaps I'd explain a little more:

The QGis database tool (as Tim suggests) converts my QGis layer "myLayer" (= a postgis table "myTable" with a QGis filter ("myFilter" applied to it) to a new postgis *table* I was hoping to find an (automated!) way to convert the layer to a new postgis *view*, something like:
  create or replace view "myView"
  as select "myFilter"
  from "myTable"

Kind regards,