To share files over a network there has to be specific provision in the software design. Sqlite is designed for single user situations. It is not a full DBMS.

It would not be recommended to share shapefiles for multi user since it is still a file based system. To handle multiple users accessing the same file or data the software has to be able to break the file into units that can be managed for multiple users. This is part of the design of DBMS, but not in the case of most types of files.