Hi,

I'm new to QGis. I'm trying to install latest version (3.28.7 LTR) on my machine. It does not run. The startup window shows during a few seconds, then, nothing.

I tried several older versions. None of them wants to start. The exception is 3.14, which starts, and works perfectly.

On my machine, I already have a Python 3 installed (currently, 3.11.1), on absolute path C:\Python, PYTHONPATH system variable pointing to it, and system path, too. I also have PyCharm installed. I think this may be the cause of my problem. I noticed the included interpreter (C:\Program Files\QGIS 3.28.7\bin\python.exe) does not start at all, with Python error :
   File "C:\Python\Lib\io.py", line 54, in <module>
   ImportError: cannot import name 'text_encoding' from 'io' (unknown location)

If I understand well, I'll have to write a customized startup script, with correct path (not pointing to my c:\python\lib) so that QGis can start using the included Python interpreter (and not my system-wide one). But I didn't find how to achieve that.

Later, I think I'll have to write some QGis Python code. Then, I'll need to run it in "developer" mode : being able to put the source code in a git repository, edit the code in PyCharm, and run it. Any clues are welcome.

Thank you in advance. Kind regards