Le 04/10/2024 à 18:06, Andrew Plowright a écrit :
Thanks again Even and Fernando, you've both provided a lot of helpful information that has turned this into a very instructive Linux learning opportunity.

Even: can I confirm that, in the third option you suggested (the "less ugly alternative"), this would involve:

1. Installing QGIS using Software Manager (or any other way, just not necessarily building it from source) 2. Building a second instance of GDAL from source which has the same version as whatevever GDAL version is created by the QGIS installation (ex.: 3.8.4) and which is built with the Mr Sid driver. 3. This second instance of GDAL is given its own secluded /opt/gdal_3_8_4 folder to keep it separate from /usr 4. Setting GDAL_DRIVER_PATH will make GDAL search /opt/gdal_3_8_4/lib/gdalplugins for additional plugins, such as the MrSid driver. This should affect any instance of GDAL, whether I'm running it through QGIS or through the command line?

Did I get all that correct?
yes