Hi Honza

I'm not sure why it works in the one build correctly and not the other
but Magnus Homann has been working on sorting out issues with the
measure tool in the trunk of the source code repository. I will try to
backport any fixes he has made into the upcoming 0.8.1 bugfix release
if Magnus has not already done so.

Hopefully Magnus' work will address the issues you mentioned.

Regards

Tim