Hi Aaron,

I'm using a plain vanilla python 2.5 (Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19
2006, 09:52:17)) msi-install (in c:\Program Files\, could that be a
problem?)
I installed the binary QT4 (PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.3.0-b1.exe) from:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/download.php

And a qgis preview build "qgis_setup0.9.0preview1.16.08.2007.exe" from
... some link of the list
I've also tried a build from Martin from the list
http://www.mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/qgis-trunk-070619-grass.zip

All with the same errors.

What are the qgis- python- qt- related environment variables you have?
And exactly what PATH-constructs do you use?

 From the thread about the "QgsApplication.setPrefixPath()" there are
some incompatible lib/version issues? I hope this can be worked
out/documented later.

I will try a clean install later, or I've got a debian work station too,
maby I've to switch to that and use stuff from:
http://debian.gfoss.it

Another option is building stuff myself, like you propose, do you think
that's doable for a lightweight script person :-)

Thanks,

Richard Duivenvoorde