Hi Aaron,

Ok, I've got the preview running (with python plugins) on debian now.

But... wanted to try to build it on winXP, following the directions in:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource

Looked promising, though the msys environment seemed to be in
http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/msys/msys.zip
instead of:
http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/msys/msys.tar.gz ?

But I got stuck on compiling PyQt4: it ends in the linking phase with a
"input line is too long" error.

Then I installed the binary PyQt4, trying  to compile stuff qgis in that
way, but this ended in PATH troubles: it's not clear to me then which qt
binaries to use then, and running qtvars.bat hides my old cmake path etc
etc.

Questions:
- is there a way to fix the "input line is too long" error?

- is the BuildingFromSource still 'current'; should this be used for
building trunk?
- If so, can you describe how they succeeded, or elaborate 3.8 in
'BuildingFromSource' a little?

By the way, IF it's going to work, a page like
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource is really really helpfull!

TIA

Richard Duivenvoorde