Hi Steffen

Please see below for answers to your questions and further explanation.

"Steffen Macke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:44:39 +0100
> From: "Steffen Macke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] [QGIS-USER]: GHydraulic plugin,      calculate
>       economic diameters
> To: "Craig Leat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: qgis-user@lists.qgis.org
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> did you use the Windows installer? Or the tarball? I assume that you
> are running Quantum
> GIS on Windows.

I'm running WinXP SP2 on a 32 bit Intel. I have QGIS 0.8.1 installed in
'c:\QGIS_0.8.1_rc1\' and I have QGIS 0.9.0 installed in
'c:\QGIS_0.9.0_26.10.2007\'. I used your Windows installer
(ghydraulic-setup-2.0.0.exe) and installed in
'c:\QGIS_0.9.0_26.10.2007\python\plugins\ghydraulic\'.

The problem I have is that your plugin is not registered properly in
QGIS 0.9.0. In the plugin manager I see __error__ under the name,
version and description.
> Do you want to use the Plug-in menu/button from within Quantum GIS or
> the economicdiameter.py script on the commandline?

This is my first encounter with your plugin so I am not yet sure of its
capabilities. At this stage let's assume I will launch the plugin from
within QGIS and use the command line.
> I've searched the *.py source files for "program files" and the only
> place where "c:\program files" is used, is the economicdiameter.py
> script.

In the economicdiameter.py script I find the following:
# Supply path to where is your QGIS installed
QgsApplication.setPrefixPath("c:/Programme/Quantum GIS", True)

In several of the binary *.pyc files I find the same path prefix. E.g.
in ghydraulicplugin.pyc I find the following:
'C:/Programme/Quantum GIS/python/plugins\ghydraulic\ghydraulicplugin.pyt'

The only place I have found 'c:\program files' is in the README.

>  I'll try to update this in the next installer
> release during the install process with the actual QGIS installation location.
>
> The Windows installer tries to look up the QGIS installation path from
> the registry (location
> of the uninstaller). I forgot to mention this. So people who have not
> used the Windows installer for Quantum GIS might experience some
> problems. In this case, you can specify
> the installation location on the commandline. For example:
>
> ghydraulic-setup-2.0.0.exe /D=c:\Quantum GIS\python\plugins

I'm not sure what effect this will have on the hard coded paths
mentioned above, but I will try it out and report back

Many thanks

Craig Leat.