In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Well what have I done wrong???

Obviously nothing ... :-)

I have just installed and run QPC2 v3.2 and have run Text87 and Qspread
within it.

And I have installed XP SP2 as well.

Admittedly, I am running on Sony Vaio but it should not make that much
difference!!

Just means you have a relatively 'clean' PC system, with no obvious accumulated clutter. Probably a reasonably new PC.

People quickly forget what applications and uses they have put a PC through ... not all applications use accepted protocols.

I assume XP and Service Pack 2 are cleaning up an OS that has had many leaks in the past ... but then again I could be wrong :-)

The network server at work now has XP Professional installed, whereas previously it was Windows 2000 Professional.

Apart from having to re-establish my password it appears to have made no difference.

--
Malcolm Cadman