> > Just to put another issue into the mix here, John Mason called me last
> > week and asked if I would organise the 2005 Hove show so it could be the
> > AGM. I have looked into dates for this that would fit Quanta's schedule
> > and I am preparing to book the hall for 17th April.
> >

> Fine by me. Seems to me to be a sensible solution for next year's AGM.
As the consensus of opinion seemed to be that QL2005 would be better in the
second half of the year, this seems to be the best way forward.

> >> If Quanta cannot organise the QL2005 why don't we do it ourselves and
> > charge a small admission fee?
> > --
>
> I have been wondering whether it would be possible to do QL2005 without
> Quanta. I get the impression that with Quanta we are dragging a reluctant
> bride to the altar and that rarely makes for a happy marriage.
I think isnurance might be a major reason why it's best done under the Quanta
banner, although there might not be any reason why the committee couldn't
"delegate" it's organisation of the QL2005 to Geoff and a couple of other
co-opted members to do the organising? Especially as Roy Brereton seems to be
the "show organiser" without really having the time on his hands to do it as
effectively as he'd like, especially as he's got the newsletter to worry about
as well.