Dent wrote:
How about testing if a £10 subscription would bring in new
members by launching a special offer for new subscribers at £10 ?

This could lose as many members as it gains. I suspect a fair proportion of the current paying membership members through inertia. A pound or so a month is not much to pay for a bit of nostalgia when (and if!) the Quanta newsletter arrives, although we are not active users any longer. Most don't even bother to lurk here. A change in the sub would only draw attention to the direct debit.... I don't think there is a crowd out there who refrain from joining for the sake of a penny a day!

I am happy to continue to contribute a little financially. I even had a flush of enthusiasm when Jimmy Montesinos updated Qlay, and I wrote an piece for Quanta. Frankly, however, I am not even prepared to pay the cost of an emulator to further my interest. I agree that my investment in Quanta over the years should be spent to further the cause, before it's too late and the Red Cross get it.

--
Regards,

Stephen