On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:13:12 +0000, Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 at 03:22:54, P Witte wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

  <snip>

It's 10 Euros, not pounds.

There might be an argument for a considerably reduced fee since the punter
here wont have access to SMSQ/E only to a limited amount of its
functionality. If there really were a market in the wider (PC) world for
this, it would be better to sell 1000 at 2 euro than none at 10. Of course,
all parties would have to give a little.
I would think there is a wider market.
In this wider market, there would actually be very few who would have bought SMSQ/E, so nothing lost I would have thought.

Yes I agree and because it would be a wider market, the total cost of QWord could probably stay at around Â20, including the runtime QPC2 emulator and SMSQ/e. Just depends on how much Marcel would want for a runtime (not on the list) and also what restrictions could be applied.

The demo version of QPC2 would do, APART from two problems:
a) We cannot update the high scores table - this could be overcome by allowing only one type of write to device on the QPC2 runtime - direct to DOS device. This would protect people from seeing this as a cheap way of getting QPC2, especially if you could only use DELETE, OPEN_xx and PRINT calls to the DOS device. However, I am not at all certain how easy this would be.
b) Not certain how this could be done as shareware so that it can only be used for 30 days before registering.... anyone?

There could be inbuilt SMSQ/E advertising.

I have never got hooked on games (esp the shootup type) but this one I like and will buy it.

Not only is it a good idea well done, but it looks good (and sounds good it seems).

(and by golly it does you good (8-)# )

Why thankyou Tony - we are all going to have a lot of egg on our faces if everyone pans the game in the end !!

Still I doubt that will happen....

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services