On  Sat, 11 Dec 2004 at 04:11:37, David Tubbs wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>At 16:19 10/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>>Yes very, all I want to be able to do in an XP PC environment is
>>>"sbytes  address, length,  file"
>>>
>>>I cant find any facility in  DOS or Windows, no QBASIC
>>
>>If you are only trying to see parameters stored upon the booting of your
>>PC
>Thanks for the answer to a request not made.
>Above was stated what I needed to achieve.
>I did not wish to burden mailboxes with the full background.
Are you surprised?  If you ask a vague question then you must expect to
get irrelevant advice (8-)#

>But it does highlight a fundamental issue in the current discussions on
>"whither".
>There are a number of things so simple to perform  on SuperBasic, I
>have felt the loss of QL facilities for years since having to migrate
>to the PC.
I am only guessing, but I suspect there is no such thing as a fixed
memory location for general data, as on a QL.
>We know that the M'Soft environment is hampered to a great extent by
>retaining backward compatibility, there seems to be heavy pressure to
>handicap QLetc developments similarly. You really have to let the
>QLuddites go.

<snip>
>Did not Miracle founder to a large extent on account of the costs of
>Brussel's approval ?
No. The QXL failed.   He overestimated the demand.

There is no requirement to certify for "Brussels".  Self-certification
is fine, for CE specifically.

Tony
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk