ÎÎÎ Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:29:43 +0000,Î(Î) David Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ÎÎÏÎÏÎ/wrote:

At 18:50 10/12/2004 +0000, you wrote:
On  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 at 14:13:46, David Tubbs wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>At 09:42 10/12/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>
>> >Anybody know how I might do this on an XP PC.
>> >
>> >I want to save a chunk every 30 seconds to monitor changes.
>>A chunk of what?
>
>CMOS
This is getting silly.

Yes very, all I want to be able to do in an XP PC environment is "sbytes address, length, file"

I cant find any facility in  DOS or Windows, no QBASIC

If you are only trying to see parameters stored upon the booting of your PC you should look at the DMI where abnormal -or- normal events are written.. You can see that from your BIOS -or- via a DMI browser utility that most manufacturers provide... Incidentally most of these systems are interconnected with what they call on the PC SMBus (which is another name for you guessed it I2C :-) -back on topic-

Phoebus