Not too important, but if you do happen to find out please let me know, it's the kind of thing that will bug me as I can't sort it out due to having only 1 drive.
Dilwyn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Mellor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QPC2 CD player

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:07:20 -0000, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rather than pester a very busy Marcel with a trivial problem, does anyone know if the QPC2 CD Player could either play 2 separate CDs from 2 separate drives at the same time, or a CD and and image on hard disk somewhere?

Dilwyn - I have 2 CD drives - just can't find Marcel's CD Player...

I think though that the CD commands in QPC2 can only access the first CD drive it comes to - not even an image on the hard disk.

A lad at work is looking at setting up a mobile disco based on a PC (play one CD while getting the other ready cued or even 'mixing' two tracks, he even wants to record voice links on one CD and play the music with voice-overs). It's just a thought in case I can impress him with a simple SBASIC program in the new year!
I don't have 2 drives on my PC to try this out, and don't know how to create an image on hard disk unless it's as simple as copying all .cda audio files to a folder on hard disk.
Given my background in broadcasting some years ago, it's a little project which got my interest even if I don't want to get too involved!!!
He's using MP3 tracks and two copies of windows explorer or windows media player to cue and play the tracks, don't know how he mixes things so that only the correct audio comes from the correct drive while he cues the other tracks (assuming of course he bothers to listen to cue them, or prehear or PFL or whatever headphone cueing was called).
New year madness...don't worry, ignore me, I'll (probably) go away.

-- Rich Mellor RWAP Services 26 Oak Road, Shelfield, Walsall, West Midlands WS4 1RQ

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.298 / Virus Database: 265.6.7 - Release Date: 30/12/2004