On this thread I've been surprised not to see a mention of what I shall now
mention! ;-) Viz
Viz? That's not a QL book !*x@

"Illustrating Super Basic on the Sinclair QL" Donald Alcock, Cambridge
University Press, 1985, 182pp
ISBN 0-521-31517-4

I was well into programming when I got the book - but I see (now) from my
many annotations in it that it proved a very useful source. Yes! - for all
ye olde buffs, it's the one that's handwritten but nevertheless very clear
with sketches of little 'bugs' crawling here and there.
Jan Jones's book is more of a reference guide than a learn to program book. I wouldn't really suggest it to those wishing to learn SuperBASIC int he first place (the QL manual is better for that!) but as a reference guide it's great.

There are plenty of learn SuperBASIC books around second hand - Rich Mellor often does a miraculous job of finding them for people who ask. I do have a couple of QL books here I don't want:

QL SuperBASIC The Definitive Handbook by Jan Jones (original McGraw-Hill edition, not Quanta edition, good condition but has a bit of my scribblings in it)
An Introduction to Programming the Sinclair QL by R.A. and J.W.Penfold
The Sinclair QL Companion by Boris Allan (first ever book on the QL IIRC )
Advanced programming with the sinclair QL by Martin Gandoff
Quantum Theory - Simon Rockman
Good Programming With QL SuperBASIC - Roy Atherton

1 pound each + postage to anyone who wants them (or if easier than obtaining Pounds to pay me, just send me a few CD-Rs worth about 1 pound+postage after I've sent them to you when you can see the value of postage. I go through a lot of CDRs making backups here, so they're a tradeable currency to me!

There's also a few Spectrum books (haven't looked at titles) which anyone can have at cost of postage. Or if any traders want them to sell on, just ask me and I'll send them to you for cost of postage, or bring them to next Quanta workshop I attend.