In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, hitchies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

<clip>

On this thread I've been surprised not to see a mention of what I shall now
mention!  ;-) Viz

"Illustrating Super Basic on the Sinclair QL" Donald Alcock, Cambridge
University Press, 1985, 182pp
ISBN 0-521-31517-4

I was well into programming when I got the book - but I see (now) from my
many annotations in it that it proved a very useful source.  Yes! - for all
ye olde buffs, it's the one that's handwritten but nevertheless very clear
with sketches of little 'bugs' crawling here and there.

Yes, there was a whole series of small books on programming done in that style. Although it seems the those days of programming are over ... :-(

We may have a copy in the London QL and Quanta Group donations of books.

--
Malcolm Cadman