----- Original Message ----- From: "Dilwyn Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] camera (was Lynx 282)

This is absolutely hit and miss, depending on the software, updates, manufacturer of system and camera, other software, etc. (IE: ouch).

Simple solution - buy a Mac or better yet, do we have someone volunteering to write all the drivers and design the hardware for our system? (in case someone thinks I am serious, I am not)

By the way, I don't work for Apple anymore before anyone says anything.

But I do have too much experience helping others trying to get their cameras hooked up and working reliably on the PC side. And no, this is not an offer to help. I don't do Windows anymore :) Just QL and Macs.
VERY sensible comment!

Best approach is try it, if it doesn't work and you get no satisfaction despite having a little PC knowledge, take it back, demand a refund, make a point of asking for compensation as well as a refund so they know how much hassle you got even if you don't seriously expect to get it and ask everyone you know not to buy from them to teach them a lesson.

We have such a long way to go in customer service in this country.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.6.9 - Release Date: 06/01/2005