On 11 Jan 2005 at 22:00, P Witte wrote:

> Or a completely different proposal:

(putting the home dir after the command string)
> (...)

> QLib compiled programs pose a challenge as we dont have access to the
> compiled job's initialisation code to access that information. However,
> there are other, more plodding, ways to find a job's data area and locate
> the HD string. Thus a function such as HOMED$ or CDIR$ to read the HD string
> would have to work differently in compiled and interpreted mode.
>
> Thereyougo. Now shoot it down in flames!

OK. <Flamethrower mode>

I'd thought of that, too. The only problem I see with it is, indeed Qlib.
I presume that your way of doing it would involve some kind of basic keyword
that you
call and that returns the home dir string.

How do you find this string? Have you tried finding the command string from a
QLibbed
prog other than with the QLib internal CMD$ command? The problem is that once
you
get to the stage where your keyword will be invoked, A5 will point to who knows
what
(in fact, the parameter list, relaive to A6).... I see no safe way to find the
string - but I
stand to be corrected!

</ flamethrower mode>

Wolfgang