Wolfgang Lenerz writes:

> > 1) Older programs which would expect (a6,a5) to point to the command
> > string at the top of the data area.  If we were to adopt this scheme,
then
> > a lot of existing programs would immediately not be able to get at any
> > parameters passed to them.  We do not have the software authors or
sources
> > to enable us to amend existing programs or re-write them.  I guess we
> > could overcome this by amending the setup job code to have (A5,A0) (?)
> > point to the location of the home directory
>
> No. Let a6,a5 point to where it usually points, i.e. the command string.
Finding
> the home dir after the command string (for a prog aware of this) is
trivial.

My notes say (a6,a5) points to the top of the data area, not the command
string?

However, it is not important. A new convention could specify that (a6,d3)
(or whatever), would point to the marker.

Am I right in assuming that, apart from the registers that are defined
(a4-a7), all other registers are zeroed on job initialisation accross all
Qdos-compatible systems?

Per