[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Has anybody noticed that the various combinations with CAPS such as
> >CAPS/SHIFT/ALT etc do not work with recent versions of SMSQE on QPC2
> >and on Q40/Q60? The combination DOES work with SuperGold Card +
> >Super Hermes because Super Hermes has its own keyboard routine I
> >suppose.
>
> Not sure what you're reffering to. Do you mean that with CAPS-LOCK
> some keys do not work like when SHIFT is pressed? In that case this is
> by design. There is a difference between a CAPS-LOCK and a SHIFT-LOCK,
> the first one only altering the capitalisation of characters, and most
> keyboard layouts use CAPS-LOCK.

There are 8 combinations of CAPS with the presence of one or more of SHIFT,
CONTROL and ALT (including just CAPS on its own. The seven combinations are all
supposed to give rise to ASCII characters, ie they are part of the set where
ALT adds '1' to the value of the key press without the ALT. These combinations
are excluded by the kbd_poll routine. In my version of SMSQE I have
reinstated these 7 combinations by treating CAPS as a normal character if any
of SHIFT,
CONTROL, ALT (or Alt Gr) is pressed at the same time.

Thus, on my machines (Q40/60), only a bare CAPS will toggle caps lock.

Now tell me that what I did was fatal!!!

George