To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Level 2 Drivers

??? Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:00:36 +0000,?(?) David Tubbs
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????/wrote:

At 16:48 26/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:

MAKE_DIR was introduced not in a Toolkit 2 version (IIRC), but first
appeared in the plug in replacement chip for the Trump Card.  I
therefore
doubt that there is a Toolkit 2 image anywhere which contains the right
code.

I do have a copy of v2.12 ROM file which can be used with emulators, but
again this cannot understand level 2 directories

--
Rich Mellor

It occurs to me you are looking for oranges in a bag of apples. DUP +DDOWN (TKII) were for navigating mdv's, I imagine MAK_DIR is needed for HDD's, certainly as a parallel to the DOS command.

DUP and DDOWN is to navigate directories not MDVs ie if the MDV device has subdirectories it can navigate them as well. Actually your statement doesn't even make sense (as it would if you were to change drives via DUP/DDOWN ie you are on MDV1 and DUP will take you to MDV2 (which is not what happens anyway). MAKE_DIR applies to whichever device has Level 2 drivers. Floppies do for example and the RomDISQ does as TT's RAM disk... (so it is not only HDDs as you wrongly assume)

BTW after a small illness I am back (and back from Greece as well) :-P