gwicks wrote:
> At QL2004 I asked Marcel specifically about his attitude to the EasyPtr
> upgrade and he was quite definite that he did not want to be seen as "Mr.
> EasyPtr". I interpreted this to mean that he does not want to be seen as the
> solution for every problem that arises in the QL community. I can sympathise
> with him on that.

Thanks.
It shows time and again that as soon as you touch something you become
the one that can be bugged with all questions and problems regarding
it and this is something I'd very much like to avoid this time. If I
release a new version it would be strictly under an "as-is" term.

Problem is that, as it is, I'm quite busy. E-Mails are piling up
(sorry for the delay, WL) and even things that have been completely
coded like QPCPrint are not shipping yet because worlds lie between
having the code ready and having the product ready (manual,
installation procedures, web site... basically all things I hate
doing).

The EasyPtr code is difficult to say the least. If somebody is willing
to take it over and REALLY work with it... drop me a line. I have said
I will try to do more work on EasyMenu and after reading the
discussion yesterday I've been playing some more with it (even though
I should have a much more important project ready by Monday. Looks
like a busy Sunday, I guess :-( ). I got a new version that should be
able to handle all the new GD2 sprite variants. It will probably need
a new SMSQ/E release, though, so inquiries at this time are futile.
That said, I'm no EasyPtr user anymore (haven't been for 10 years), so
for those who have been using the release, what else is not working
correctly?

Marcel