Hi,

tried it & got the Qlib error message :
Line 600 MSTAT% Invalid name
- an easy ptr extension?
Can you distribute the easy ptr runtimes with it?

Duncan Neithercut
Hmmm, this is a bit more difficult than I thought.

The compiler directive is correct, or at least as per what is in ptrmen_cde ($$asmb=filename,4,82)

The preceding two lines of code include a MDRAW and MITEM command which it gets through, but the channel number is used as error return so that might be protecting an earlier error. There is one earlier part which sets the menu names etc slightly differently depending on whether interpreted in job 0 or compiled with menus appended to ptrmen_cde linked in the normal way. I must have made a mistake somewhere in that bit of code but can't find it. Seems strange that the program would get past MDRAW and MITEM keywords and fail at MSTAT%, I guess my assumption re. the linking in of the easyptr extensions must have been incorrect, the fault is more likely to be finding or setting up the appended menus in the compiled program, which probably works when I run it interpreted because it's loaded as a file from disk rather than located in an appended file/

I'll need to spend a bit more time on it when I'm less tired.

Actually, this is a good advert for the little USB Memory Pens which were discussed here a few days ago. I can just dump the sources and a copy of QPC2 and QLiberator in my USB memory pen and take it anywhere there's a PC and some spare minutes to work on it! (usually means lunchtime at work!)

  • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... Malcolm Cadman
      • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
        • ... gwicks
          • ... Malcolm Cadman
        • ... Malcolm Cadman
    • ... Duncan Neithercut