Peter Graf wrote:
> When folks invest so much money there still must be more in a native QL
> system that just the capabilty to execute a QL OS. What is this today?
>
> Is it the simplicity of the system? Power consumption issues / fanless CPU
> operation? Direct access to the hardware without emulated software layers?
> The fast boot into the 68k OS after power-on? The option to do totally
> without Windows or Linux? Intel outside? Nostalgia? Tinkering and
> learning? A little bit of all of them? Something else?
>
> Peter
I think a combination of all these things.

I am content with QPC2 and a PC, but would probably buy a Q60 if I had the
money and the space in the house.

For me, it is the ability to use a different type of computer to that which I
use every day in work.

In QDOS or SMSQ I can write my own programs and generally "tinker" which I
would not do on other computer systems.

There is also the general level of friendship of the QL community. We all try
to help each other. People who stay with the QL generally do so for reasons
other than profit, so we end up being a very friendly crowd.

  • ... pgraf
    • ... Aurélien GÉRÔME
      • ... Aurélien GÉRÔME
      • ... Marcel Kilgus
        • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
          • ... Marcel Kilgus
            • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
        • ... Aurélien GÉRÔME
    • ... Roy wood
      • ... Aurélien GÉRÔME
  • ... Dilwyn Jones