Wolfgang Uhlig wrote:

I really cannot imagine that a price of 45 pounds is unaffordable.

You are trying to make me sound like Scrooge. £45 is not unaffordable, but I wasn't talking about £45,The Euro price on Marcel's website equates to £68, and who mentioned affordabilty?
I was taking about justifiability.

£68 is more than I am prepared to pay for a purely selfish purchase that no other member of the family gets any benefit from, and something that is not really needed. As I said, I am only a casual user. If I needed it I could, of course afford it, but I don't. Any purchase would be purely out of curiosity, and once that had been satisfied I don't know whether I'd continue using it.

At £71.65, inc carriage, it's more than I can afford for what is now only a passing interest. I have three QL's gathering dust. If the QL is going to continue, let alone gain interest, it must be in emulation. The only way, taking a leaf from Linux, that it is going to increase it's market penetration is if it is freely available for download, under a GNU license. This is a bullet that has to be bitten, if there is to be any future for the platform!

Cheers

Colin

  • ... Jeremy Taffel
    • ... Wolfgang Uhlig
      • ... SMSQ - Jochen Merz
      • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
        • ... Wolfgang Uhlig
        • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
        • ... Wolfgang Uhlig
        • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
      • ... Jeremy Taffel
        • ... Roy wood
        • ... COLIN PARSONS
        • ... SMSQ - Jochen Merz
        • ... COLIN PARSONS
        • ... Roy wood
        • ... \"Phoebus R. Dokos (ÎÎÎÎÎÏ Î. ÎÏÏÎ\"\"ÎÏ)\"
        • ... Tarquin Mills
        • ... SMSQ - Jochen Merz
        • ... Roy wood
        • ... Roy wood