John Taylor wrote:

>Derek
>
>Psion will give us the source code, that isn't the problem.
>They say they have "mothballed" it and it is not accessible.
>They said we could have a copy if ever they exhumed it.
>I think they have forgotten where they put it.
>
>John.

The development was originally done on a VAX 11-780 I believe, and
cross-compiled for 68000 and 8086 architectures. It is almost certain
that they would have pensioned off the VAX years ago. None of the more
modern systems  can read the old disk packs they used, but  they might
have backed it up onto half inch tape. However, we have an old VAX still
operating with both disks and half inch tape so that we can offer
support for a legacy system (military systems have to be supported for
25 years +).  So if they have the old media, but don't know which
contain the source, there is a possibility that I could get someone to
give up some spare time to trawl through and recover it. Recovery from
half inch tape would be slower, but more certain than from disk packs.

Jeremy