----- Original Message -----
From: "P Witte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 12:50 AM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QPC

> Bill Waugh writes:
>
>>> open#3,par
>>> print #3, ' Hi '
>>> close #3
>>>
>>> will work as well.
>>>
>>> Marcel
>> Yep it does, as does NEW I just found as it closes open channels, sorry I
>> missed that part of your mail ( rushing about making tea )
>> not sure how I manage this printing from Archive though, I'm only
>> printing
>> four or five lines ( name +  3 or 4 address line ).
>> Also I  managed this fine last year, probably I have upgraded QPC since
>> then
>> though.
>> Thanks for your reply
>
> Are you sure FF doesnt work?
>
> open#3; 'par': bput#3; 12
>
> should throw a page. On some printers you need to pass some data before an
> FF will work, such as:
>
> open#3; 'par': bput#3; 10, 12

while all the above will not work the following does

open #3;par
print #3;' yet another test'
for n = 1 to 66: print #3:n: end for n

so the problem has been correctly identified ( many thanks all ) however I'm
damned if I can find what windows settings that could correct it.
I've tried setting print processor to raw, raw (FF) appended, raw(FF Auto)
default is raw.
Spooled and direct to printer
results are the same with printer on USB or LPT
 only thing that's changed since I last did this is I upgraded (LOL) from
Windows 98 to Windows XP ( eXpect no Print  )
Should be able to change Archive print procedure to spit out an envelope
maybe

All the best - Bill