On  Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 12:40:43, Stephen wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Jeremy Taffel wrote:

>The only other problem I had was that there appeared to be some voltage
>potentials present on the TV's input which perhaps eventually (after a
>few years) damaged the QL's output circuitry necessitating its repair.

Was that the 8301 you bought from me in 1992 when you lived in the US?
The 8301 is direct wired to RGB, so is very susceptible to voltage
differences.    Mind you the Microvitek Cub monitor has a habit of
arcing internally, which often zaps the 8301.  I saw the spark for
myself in a damp 8301 at a London show - it was a _very_ long spark. It
had been left in a cold car, and the hall was warm and humid.

Can you plse send me a private email with your Watford address please.

There are now so many QL people near me it is almost worth a show in the
local scout hut (opposite me) - only joking (I think).

Tony

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
          tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk