In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Roy wood wrote:
>> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>> <SNIP>
>>> It has been that way for many years I think.  I am totally QL hardware
>>> based, and I have been doing pretty well no business for years now.
>> But then again you have no new products so ......
>
>Yes it is a real catch 22 isn't it.
>I personally though am far too busy on non-QL work to have time to do
>this.  I get very very little feedback from users though on the hardware
>front.  I think you are the only one!
There is also the problem of being able to actually do this for such a
small market. Development, costs making the boards and of buying the
components all make it very prohibitive to make QL hardware. The
computer industry moves too fast for the individual, kitchen table,
developer to even keep up with how chips are evolving and changing.
Tony's experience with superHermes chips and mine, some years ago, with
Super Gold Card chips are a case in point. I do often suggest new ideas
and I realise that, without this hardware input, we are being left
behind and forced to use emulators.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB