In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David
Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP
>I can't understand it, why, in this digital age, suffer the hoarding of
>what must be nearly a cubic foot of paper ?
>Why the trouble and expense of printing ?
>Why the costs of snail mail ?

I think because many of the people wanted it that way. I don't really
enjoy sitting at the screen reading. The computer sits in one room. QL
Today is anywhere I choose to bring it. I could use the laptop but then
I could not take that into the garden and read it in the summer time
because the screen would be hard to read.
>Never mind that the cost is greater than a full fat glossy with CDs included.

That is simple. Full Fat Glossy magazines don't care that you only pay
1/10 of the cost of making them. The advertising more than covers the
costs. QL Today has few adverts and a lot of content.
<SNIP>
>Remember in the old days typing in the programmes published, if only they
>had been machine readable ! Pity the Omnireader would no cope with other
>than a couple of typewrite scripts, though it was planned to have a
>learning capability.
By typing them in and making mistakes many of us learned to look at the
code, see where it went wrong and learn by it.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB