> No I would never write software which "assumes" - it does the standard
> test which is to write to $20000 and read from the Aurora display address

To avoid any assumptions, you could test to see whether you are running on
Q-emuLator version 2.4 or later (there is a trap for that).

Of course, emulating HW screen "ghosting" where the same memory can be
accessed at $20000 and st the video card's base address would be more
general and allow compatibility with software like Photon without having to
modify it.
I'd rather not emulate true "ghosting" as it would make video emulation
slower, but I might be able to emulate enough of it to be recognized by
applications like Qword (while keeping video emulation fast).

Daniele