[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You must visit Minerve.
We probably will - I'll be driving and MrsD will be navigating in her usual
manner - "you should have turned left back there"  !  (Only kidding)

<SNIP>

> .... and wine around there is pronounced "Ving" with a hard end G -
> important to know (8-)#  The French around there is Occitan - I suppose
> the equivalent of Geordie!

Oh well. The problem with me is I don't speak much French - I hated it at
school and couldn't get my head around it. Alison does a lot better than me
though.

We both have 'official' French from our formative educational years - but it
bears no resemblance to anything actually spoken in France. Much like English
in this country I suppose.

Cheers,
Norman.