>> What am I to make of Bill's "Q40,Q60, QPC2, Aurora and SGC" ?
>> and
>> George's "Atari  Aurora  Gold Card  Q40/60  QXL"
>
> Bill's five are in fact only four. The new arrival to this set of
> Operating Systems is Aurora which is almost identical with the Gold
> Card. There is only one operating system for the Q40 and Q60. The
> Q40/
> Q60 operating system is for the Q40 machine and for the Q60 machine.
> In fact my Q40 and Q60 stand on top of my Super Gold Card machine
> which has aurora inside and, if it worked, would probably take the
> aurora operating system. Here the Super Gold Card machine is the
> platform for the Q40 and Q60.
>
> Clear?
>
> George
If Quanta editors are listening, there's probably scope for a little
bit of an article here.

Seems to be the kind of thing most of us on this list would take for
granted, but Quanta's survey experience with finding the number of
128K QLs out there exceeded expectations and their surprise at how
quickly their second hand microdrive cartridges went suggests we do
need to reinforce the "basics" a bit every now and then.

I guess a short article on the variants of SMSQ/E and a bit about
their differences might make a good follow up to an article I sent
John Gilpin recently. An article about the various SMSQ?E variations
might be best coming from those closest to it (programmers and
retailers and registrar) but I'm willing to give it a go if nobody
else does. Might need someone to check it before publication, that's
the only thing. Of interest, John?